Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Swiffer Solutions

Just a quickie today Ladies and Gents...

I have a swiffer mop because I have a laminate floor and I bought it when we first got married before I had a thought in my head about responsible living.
But after I ran out of the first box of wet cloths, and then the first box of dry cloths, my stingy side took over. And for a long time I was cranky at this stupid ongoing expense.
But after a brainwave of indiscernible length, I came up with this idea:

I bought a 2 pack of brightly colored microfiber cloths at the dollar store.
At home I measured them, cut them to fit the swiffer (I got 2 or 3 out of each cloth) and sewed the edges.
They are the only orange cloths in the house, so they never get used for anything but the floor, and I wet them with hot water, wring them out and swiffer away.

RATING:

5 STARS out of 5 for cost, effectiveness and environmental friendliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment